Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Thanks to some help from this site, I finally got The Wifes' 2006 Shadow Spirit 750DC fixed up. Took quite a bit of work, but it was certainly worth it!

We took it out a few weeks ago to do some fine tuning, but she did not ride it. Today, however, she took the helm. She had been riding a Suzuki S40 650 and was doing a good job. She has only been riding since this past Summer, but is very good at it so far.

Today, was a different day though...She said that she had never felt more confident on a bike before. It must have been the size of the the Honda, because she was able to control it much better. She is 5'7", so the Suzi is a tad small for her frame. Nevertheless, she ripped it up with the Shadow!

We had about a three our ride today as the weather was awesome. The only problem she encountered was her leg switching the fuel to off. That actually had us puzzled for a few minutes on the side of the road, lol. She got it figured out, and we were off again. She said it was surprisingly easy to get familiar with and much easier to control than Suzi.

Anyway, that's the update. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Glad you guys got out my wife and I are going to get out this week, supposed to be 70 here on thursday I think we will get out then I should have her windshield and lowers on her 07 Aero by then and it will be done. Can't wait to get out again sick of this snow crap.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow it looks like you did a lot of work to that! What all did it need?

My buddies wife has a 750 ACE. She loves it over his old 650 vstar. I'm sure I'll catch **** from someone but the 750 shadow, the newer ones anyway, have got to be one of the best designed bikes on the planet. Certainly one of the best for new riders. They are so easy to ride and the ergos are perfect for **** near anyone.

T.C.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get the 750 running good! They are good, reliable bikes. Hope you and your wife enjoy many miles together!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts