Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife and I drove up to Santa Fe for a weekend last month. On the way home, we drove down the Turquoise Trail and stopped and spent a few hours in Madrid. After talking with some of the locals that were involved in the movie I was disappointed to learn that Disney has scrapped plans for Wild Hogs 2. Next to the classic, Easy Rider, Wild Hogs is my favorite MC movie.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was there last June! Neat little "watering hole" kind of New Mexico town. Stopped in Maggie's, which is not an actual diner but is a souvenir shop, and got me an official Wild Hogs Tee-shirt. Gas is readily available, just check your map for distances between towns and top off, even if only a gallon, so as not to worry.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It was a little lame...

Got a kick out of it anyway
yeah i agree. a MUCH better modern flick is **** RIDE with Larry Bishop, Mike Madsen, Vinnie Jones, David Carradine and Dennis Hopper. really cool bikes, a good retro storyline and smoking hot babes.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was there last June! Neat little "watering hole" kind of New Mexico town. Stopped in Maggie's, which is not an actual diner but is a souvenir shop, and got me an official Wild Hogs Tee-shirt. Gas is readily available, just check your map for distances between towns and top off, even if only a gallon, so as not to worry.
Maggie's was built by Disney and is an up to code restaurant but city ordinances will not let them actually use it due to lack of parking and water situation. Disney donated it to the owner of the souvenir/jewelry shop next door because they built it on his land. Disney did a lot of upgrading for the whole town and paid people well. The owner of the souvenir shop said Disney gave him enough money that he can pay his bills for the next 10 years, so I don't think he cares if he sells much or not but according to my wife (a jewelry expert), he has great stuff. I also bought a T-shirt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wild hogs is not what I would call an oscar contender, but I got a kick out of it. A biker friend of mine put it this way: Not a real good movie, but a lot of fun to watch with a group of bikers.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definitely not an oscar movie, but then I can't think of any biker movie that's not kinda lame. I remember several from back in the 60's that were worst than grade B but still fun to watch, just for the bikes, babes, music and drugs. When Easy Rider came out, we had to see it right away and at the time it was the absolute best renegade movie ever but again, it wasn't going to win best picture award.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man.
I just watched that two days ago on a netflix stream, it was a pretty funny movie. This is a picture my wife and her cousins had taken with Donny Boy back in 85, behind some warehouses they were filming at in Miami , for Miami Vise. She told me they kept whistling at him until he had to come over to take a picture. My wife is left of him in the picture, and I can't remember when I seen her smile like that.:shock:

·
Registered
139 Posts
it was a good movie little corny but it made me laugh easy rider on the other hand makes me wanta break out the ole .45 head down south, **** that movie makes me mad specially the first time you see it and your not even expecting the ending you like.....thats it? they die???? WTF!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was a good movie little corny but it made me laugh easy rider on the other hand makes me wanta break out the ole .45 head down south, **** that movie makes me mad specially the first time you see it and your not even expecting the ending you like.....thats it? they die???? WTF!!
you really had to live during those turbulent times to fully get the feeling and meaning of Easy Rider. Some of you other old farts might agree, maybe not.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wild hogs is funny for sure. For a good movie, checkout "The World's Fastest Indian". Entertaining.

I haven't watched Easy Rider in a long time. Guess i'm about due to see it again. I wonder if it's available in HD?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I thought Wild Hogs was hilarious at it's ridiculous best. It was meant to ENTERTAIN, not evoke rebel passion...at least, not like Easy Rider did.

In some ways, you can't understand the feelings of Tim Allen's character unless you've been down that same-old, same-old boring tract of life for a while. The rest is just fun silliness and should be taken as such, with some great scenery shots and cool looking bikes.

One of the only "biker" movies that my wife will watch and say "Wow - that''s a cool looking bike - ever thought about getting one of those?"...

Let's face it - it's not a "social statement" movie...unless the statement is "weekend warrior biker who rides 30 miles a year decides to go on an adventure"....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought Wild Hogs was hilarious at it's ridiculous best. It was meant to ENTERTAIN, not evoke rebel passion...at least, not like Easy Rider did.
I'll give you an Amen on that.

with some great scenery shots and cool looking bikes.
Amen again

Also, some classic funny lines, especially by William H. Macy's character. My wife gave me the DVD and I watch it now and then, just for some good laughs.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts