Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both bikes are 600's and although the part numbers are slightly different, they appear exactly the same to me. Im looking for stock pipes and found a set from a 2003 shadow. Will they fit?

-Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
most of the aftermarket system show 88 to current as being the same, maybe theres a slight differance in the OE stuff, like mounting bracket or something, but i'd bet you can make it work , i have an 99 system you can have for just the shipping cost of 30.00 , the lower front pipe has a slight dent in the bottom of it , just a thought , good luck what ever you do

·
Registered
1 Posts
All years of the VT600 VLX use the same pipes, and all will interchange. I have used stock pipes from '94, '96, and '05 on my '94. There may be slight manufacturing differences, but all mounting is the same. If you get a set that fits tight, you have to be sure to loosen all nuts and bolts, and you may have to physically bend the crossover pipe slightly to get them to go into the exhaust ports.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MBOEHM said:
most of the aftermarket system show 88 to current as being the same, maybe theres a slight differance in the OE stuff, like mounting bracket or something, but i'd bet you can make it work , i have an 99 system you can have for just the shipping cost of 30.00 , the lower front pipe has a slight dent in the bottom of it , just a thought , good luck what ever you do
Awesome! I sent you an email, but incase it didnt go through, do you have any pictures? And does it include the mounting stuff thats back near the mufflers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts