Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking at a 97 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100 to replace my dented one. Anyone know if this tank will fit my 2003 Sabre? Looking at pics of the tank they appear the same, the petcock (fuel selector) valve is in the same location, as is the relief line. I think it will work just want some more input before I buy. I also plan to call the bike shop in the morning to get their opinion.

The tank:

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=463&d=1175912446

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=464&d=1175912446

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465&d=1175912446

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well there was a thread that came through here awhile back where some one had put a Sabre rear fender on their Spirit, they said it fit perect!. I know you ask about the tank, but if the frame of the two is the same for the fender mounts, then maybe????? its the same for the tank?
If you can get a good enough tank and a good enough price on it and it don't work you should be able to easily resell it and get your money back.
MarkC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear what you are saying and I agree that I could probably resell it for what I paid. The problem with that is time, between buying, waiting for it to arrive and reselling if it doesn't work and trying to find another you are potentially looking at months.

For me that long is just not an option, and I'm not really in a position to buy a couple. I'd be waiting for that one to sell to be able to put the money into another.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well some one might come forward with a for sure answer for you.
BUT
You could wait for months for the right one for your bike to come up for auction.
2. wait and pay full price for a new one.

3. buy the Spirit VT1100 and take a chance. and it could also end up being months.

4. maybe take some messurements from your mounting points and e-mail the guy selling it and see if they match, (could help you figure out if it is worth gambling over)

Sorry I dont have a better answer for you, hope this might be a diffrent angle of looking at the problem....
and maybe I'm just out of line.....

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out that the tank would have worked, but I lost the auction on it.

Thanks for those links. I've got a line on one on another forum that I might be able to get if that guy ever reads his PMs. I've got his phone number but being easter weekend I don't want to disturb him. I think he'll probably take around 200 for it, but I'd rather pay the price to him than wander if I'm going to be out bid at the last second like I was on the other one. That one was sitting at $112 and in the last few seconds it jumped from there up to ~ $180. Wouldn't have minded paying 180 for just happened a lot quicker than I could handle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.