Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wrenching on friends 2004 Honda Shadow VT750C. The Bike sat for about 6 to 8 months in shed and ran fine before it sat.It will run when you feather the throttle and the carb fuel pump is injecting gas in carb but dies out at idle.Cleaned carb and checked all vacuum lines because mud dobbers made some nests in air cleaner passages.I checked the motor breather line and it was acting like it was restricted.I checked manual but it did not give much detail about the breather. I looked down the hose fitting and there is a brown looking type of item in the fitting.I no some breathers have a one way check valve.Is this suppose to restrict oil from flowing into the air cleaner or is it a Mud Dobber nest?I do not want to poke at it and mess something up that should be there.I checked Throttle position sensor and it read at 4 ohms and jumped down to 3.9,It is suppose to read 4 to 6 ohms,is the sensor going bad and that is making it not idle possibly?Thanks for any info and your time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Probably brown, then it's probably a mud nest. Knock it out. Nothing is brown in color are any Honda parts, patches, flaps, etc. No idle says one of the 3 fuel circuits are clogged. Idle is all 3, as is wide open throttle do those 3 feed at the top end.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,898 Posts
It's not uncommon to have to go over carbs a couple times, even with those who have a lot of experience with cv carbs. Did you you pull the plugs from the slow jets and make sure their open? Does it idle with the choke on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts