Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I’ll start out by saying this is my second motorcycle I’ve owned and I’ve been riding for about 3 years. I own a Honda shadow Sabre 1100. I just got new tires put on front and back as well as breaks on front and back. The bike rode like it was new for about a week and now it feels like when I’m riding any little wind that hits my front tire makes the bike about wanna go out from under me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was your first bike? Do you have a windshield?
My first bike was a 05 250 ninja and no my shadow doesn’t have a windshield but it seems like it’s hitting the rim on the shadow and pushing me. It’s not hitting my body and pushing me

·
Registered
2002 Shadow VLX
103 Posts
Check the tire pressure. Make sure your wheel balancing weight didn't drop off anywhere. Also ensure the axle nuts are tightened to specs. (Not just the front, check the back tires also. Any wobbling on the rear side might make it feel in front while riding).

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,304 Posts
Hey all I’ll start out by saying this is my second motorcycle I’ve owned and I’ve been riding for about 3 years. I own a Honda shadow Sabre 1100. I just got new tires put on front and back as well as breaks on front and back. The bike rode like it was new for about a week and now it feels like when I’m riding any little wind that hits my front tire makes the bike about wanna go out from under me. Any suggestions?
Yes. Take it back to whoever did the work and tell them they screwed something up big time.

The bike ran perfecly for a week, and now it's running unsafe and dangerously is the clue.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,786 Posts
I'd say front wheel wasn't bolted up properly and has some slop. Easy to check and redo on the ground unless some DA left the inner spacer out then you will it need off the ground. Also check the date code of the tires to be sure they are "fresh". Cheaper 404 Dunlops have a tendency to become bad tires more often than any other brand.

Reactions: Big Shrek

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Another vote for
Step one before all others: Check for proper tire pressure.

Reactions: Big Shrek

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,674 Posts
I'd just take it back to the shop considering you had work done on the tires and brakes. Possibly not installed properly or possible out-of-round tire maybe even a balancing weight came off.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'll be the one to ask, what tires did you have put on it??
If they are Dunflops, that may be the issue ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
First would be check to make sure the tires were installed right. That's serious, wheels and tires are most important thing. They must roll down the road.

Second thought is maybe the tires are just more sensitive to wind or road surfaces? Did you replace the tires with the same ones that were on the bike? I say that because when I switch tires to Perelli Night Dragons on my Shadow there was a difference in handling. The Night Dragons handled better except they tended to follow grooved pavement. My only compliant with those tires, they loved to follow grooved pavement. I have another bike with Avons and those could care less about grooves or anything on the pavement surface. Where I noticed was on bridges which were grooved and usually were windier then any where else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts