Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a decent windshield for a 2007 VLX 600. I like the Plexifairing 3 but that is a bit too $$$ for my taste. Been looking a the slipstream Hellfire, but I wonder if that is tall enough for a rider who is 6'3".

I don't want one of those shorty jobs.

Anyhow thanks for any suggestions - and pics would be appreciated if you have any.

Thanks !

Dave

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Looking for a decent windshield for a 2007 VLX 600. I like the Plexifairing 3 but that is a bit too $$$ for my taste. Been looking a the slipstream Hellfire, but I wonder if that is tall enough for a rider who is 6'3".

I don't want one of those shorty jobs.

Anyhow thanks for any suggestions - and pics would be appreciated if you have any.

Thanks !

Dave

https://www.google.com/search?q=windshield+honda+vlx+600&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=windshield+honda+vlx+600&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades, . Memphis Slim 17" and Love it. :)

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
$$ was the reason I bought the plexifairing3, it's way less than the ms models. Plus it gives some hand protection.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades "Shooter" on my 02 VLX. I'm 6'1" and my eyes are about 2" over the top. Are you wanting to look through the plexi?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Memphis Shades "Shooter" on my 02 VLX. I'm 6'1" and my eyes are about 2" over the top. Are you wanting to look through the plexi?
Well, just want to make sure it's tall enough not to buffet the top of the helmet. I did a measurement from the headlight up at the angle of the forks and eye level came out to about 20". Don't mind looking through if it is a clear shield.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Sounds like your doing things right then. I really didn't do a lot of research on how to properly size a shield. I simply found one for sale and thought it looked to be about right. I can tell you that I do indeed feel the wind on my helmet. I think I bought my helmet one size to big and the wind does indeed hit my helmet so I need to buy a different interior pad set to make it fit tighter.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I look through my plexifairing3 shield, but I'm only 5'9''. I have zero head buffeting. If I'm going slow enough and lean forward a bit I can fire up a cig.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Im 5'7" and My shield comes up to the top of my helmet and I have to look through the plexy. But I get no buffering and a very pleasant ride. :)

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,625 Posts
A too tall shield with a bunch of bug s**t, 40 mi. from home, and dark too boot is not a good thing plus buffeting. Good bye too tall Memphis Fats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts