Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum and not the technical forum, I'm kinda new to this. Anyway, I got my learners permit back in October and I've put on about 300 miles over the last 2 weeks on my 2001 shadow ace dlx (the weather here in Chicago has been unbelievable). Anyway, I've noticed that I don't like the wind blasts at highway speeds so I purchased a Switchblade 2-up windshield. I'm not experienced with motorcycle maintanance so I was wondering if anyone has any tips on windshield installation, perhaps something that the manuals don't mention. I'm ok with directions, but as a teacher I'm always studying and learning new things so in my experience helpful tips by experienced people make the learning process more efficient. You all rock and I'm excited to read this forum every day (for the past 6 months).

Riding Rocks!!!
Mitch
ps. I'm taking the BRC on next wednesday and take my license exam on friday. Very excited.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After I installed my Memphis Fats 19" windshield on my '06 Shadow VLX, and then took it for a test run......I found that I had a bit more wind buffeting than I anticipated. So after I played around with the shield for awhile, I lowered the shield so that the cutout on the bottom of the shield was no more than an inch above the headlight, and that in itself helped eliminate a lot of the head buffeting that I was experiencing. Apparently, a lot of wind was sneaking in between the headlight and shield as I had it too high. I know that worked for me, so I thought I would just pass it on. Lowers will more than likely help even more, but I don't have those yet. It's hard to eliminate all buffeting as there are so many different factors involved, but every little bit counts. Anyhow, that's my 2 cents.....ride safe now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I installed it today. Took about 30 min with adjustments. Really easy even for the mechanically challenged like myself. I love the easy way this shield removes so I can use it when necessary. I took it for quick spin on the highway. What an incredible difference at highway speeds. I no longer felt like I had to hold on for dear life while the wind blasts were trying to push me off the back (sensation). Love the windshield.
Mitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.