Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a windshield\fairing for quite some time now. I mainly stay off of the freeway because of it. My bike did come with a standard windshield but i don't like the look. It also caused head wobble and i read that adding lowers could help with that. I still don't prefer the look. Has anyone installed a Memphis Batwing on a 97 Spirit 1100? Or a Memphis Bullet? I was really interested in the Batwing but just came across the Bullet faring and like the look also. I'm just having hard time finding the right part for my bike. The Batwing i believe is the one i have listed below. As for the Bullet i cant find the exact match for my bike. What do you have installed on your Spirit? Is there another windscreen\fairing out there that i should also check out?

Batwing - https://www.jpcycles.com/product/zz34962/memphis-shades-batwing-fairing
Bullet - (not my model) https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-body/windshields/memphis-shades-bullet-fairing/p/42777?m=151320

·
Registered
5,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had a batwing on my VTX 1300, really nice, worth the money.
I just put a National cycle windshield on my 750 AERO, about $300 with mounting kit and shield, does the job I need it to do.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Not sure a bullet fairing is going to do anything for you, other than the appearance. @sidejam has one, it looks great.

I have a National Cycle Switchblade, Chopped on my bike, and it is very functional, and it's quick release so you don't have to always have it on. I also bought the lowers to eliminate the buffeting.

Here's a pic of Sidejam's bike and mine side by side.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The batwing looks like it will move air around you pretty good but that price does not include a windshield or mounting hardware.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
After 20 years of National Cycle Touring Heavy Duty and completely satisfied, I am switching to the Chopped Heavy Duty. Quality has been great but time for a replacement.

G.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I found a harley fairing on offerup really cheap. Does great on my bike.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I put a memphis shades batwing on my '99 VT1100 ACE Touring, aka 1100T, and I really like it. below is a link to a post I made on it with some pics in the last thread and a complete list of the part #'s I used. The parts were actually for a regular 1100 ACE so there could be a few minor differences for the 1100 Spirit but I kinda doubt it. I did a lot of research on fitment before I committed to buying the parts and they all worked out real well.

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-bike-discussion/554057-wouldn-t-ya-know.html

Edit: I changed out the windshield from the one in the pics. That one was, I think, a 7" and there was a lot of helmet buffeting so I went the the 12" windshield and it's just right for my height. I can see just over it and the windstream goes over the top of my helmet so there's no buffeting. The pics also do not show the lowers I added to the batwing and the post does not reflect the fact that I couldn't get the fork deflectors on after adding the light bar. There just wasn't enough room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts