Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT ADING THIS TO THERE BIKE? I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE BUT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE WORT IT?Some rear wipers wipe a very small path.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Since motorcycle windshields are relatively soft material (ie:polycarbonate), my guess is that a wiper is likely to rub grit into the windshield and scratch up the finish. Auto windshields, on the other hand, are made of glass (at least on the outer layer) which is much harder and more scratch resistant. But I am sure that someone somewhere has a windshield wiper setup available for a motorcycle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
a wiper would trash a windshield Quickly,i use the thumb on my glove as a wiper on my face shield.I'm hoping the windshield i put on will almost eliminate the need for that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Japaneese export version of the GL1800 has a wiper. Think they may re required in Japan. There is an outfit called F4 making scratch resistant windshields with DOT certification for bikes, and likely you could adapt a wiper to it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Talking about wiper for your face shield.

New Enough has several cycle gloves that have a wiper/squeegee built into the left thumb.

Might be worth a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts