Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all. I lurk here and don't post much, but I recently came by a very nice '04 Shadow Aero 750, which I'm really enjoying...very comfortable, stable machine with decent power and room.

I currently have an MRA spoiler shield on the bike as a temporary windshield, but it doesn't work very well, I'm afraid. No helmet buffeting, but I catch a lot of wind on the outside of my shoulders and end up acting like a sail...

Would like some input from you folks who are more knowledgeable about the bike regarding successful windshields. I guess I'd be OK with a large police-type shield, but in my experience, these tend to buffet and they cut too much wind in the summer...it gets pretty hot here. A smaller shield might work, but I'd like it to deflect away from my helmet and shoulders and not buffet. I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam.

I did a search, but saw no specific threads about windshields.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for all responses!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Memphis Shades makes a quick detach system that makes removal in seconds. There are also offers of several differing heights of shields of which you can look over the top or look through.
I took my shield off during some warm weather and didn't tighten up the screws (older system) and a couple fell out. Called Memphis Shades to order some more and they sent them for free.
There's a batwing for sale in the classifieds (not mine)

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,445 Posts
The trouble with quick detach that thieves like them too. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I decided on a Slipstreamer B-Wing 18". Here's what it looks like. Appears to be easy to mount and you can get other interchangeable windshields which fit on the same mounting brackets so you can change them out depending on conditions. We should be getting it within a few weeks and we'll see how easy it is to put on and how well it works. More to follow.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts