Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for my own curiousity... I hate them... but what's the ratio of those that like to those that don't. Chime in... OK Crazy Dave and Big Al. I got two don't likes...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I dont like em at all.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Necessary evil for me. I don't like the way they look, but all my driving to and from work is 38 miles each way and it's all highway. My bracket broke and I went without the windshield for about a week. Bugs all over my shoulders and chest everywhere I went. Got tired faster trying to hang on on one long ride (1.5 hours).

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Necessary evil for me. I don't like the way they look, but all my driving to and from work is 38 miles each way and it's all highway. My bracket broke and I went without the windshield for about a week. Bugs all over my shoulders and chest everywhere I went. Got tired faster trying to hang on on one long ride (1.5 hours).
I ride 58 miles each way... 42 on highway. I don't get the "hanging on" comments.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I ride 88 miles each day to work and went for 3 months without one. When I first put one on I HATED IT! It was such a distraction among other things.

Now that I have had it for a month I would have to say I like it. I'm not at the mercy of the wind (trucks, buses, even crosswinds) like I was before.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Like Kaikara I commute 75 miles a day round trip so protection from bugs as well as for rain deflection I have to say that I love windscreens. Thought I try to keep them as small as possible, never have been a a fan of the full batwing fairing.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Like. Have a smaller one for summer to keep the bugs/stones at bay but still get some airflow and a larger one for fall/spring to extend my riding season. I do think the bike looks better without though, so it's a necessary evil for me.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Like on a fully faired bike like my FJR, it's adjustable and great on the highway. On my Shadow, a naked bike, I don't particularly like but I got the Honda Boulevard windscreen which is very short. It keeps the wind off my chest but keeps my head and shoulders in the breeze and gives me a great place to mount my GPS and my EZ-Pass. I haven't ridden in the rain with this yet, but I could probably duck out of much of the rain behind it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not a fan of the looks....love the simple clean look. I bought a National Cycle quick disconnect mini windshield last month for Hwy rides and have yet to take it off. Must admit I really like it now that I am used to it. It is just enough to deflect the brunt of the wind off my face and chest...

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: I agree! I don’t like the look...but I do like what it does. Commute 80 miles a day year around. I never get home before dark so it saves me the bug mess. I ride all winter even if the temp is down in single digits and I don’t have heated gear. I need a new shield and am looking at the Memphis (mid size) batwing that is quick release. Ugly but...my bike is my main form of transportation. I don’t “go riding”...I ride everyday. :-D

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.