Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got a big cold blast coming through the Midwest. I took advantage of the 50deg temps last few days and really took stock of what I need to do to my 4 month old (to me) 03’ 750 Spirit.
First off I am 6ft tall 170lbs 34” inseam and 35 in sleeve length
First thing is stretching out the foot controls a bit. My plan is to start with the “H” pattern extensions in 6”and work back to 4” to find the comfort zone then fab some nicer units, think scootmods.
Next is to fab some riser extensions starting at 2” to get the Spirits drag bars up and back a little
Last is to get my saddle worked over “my butt hurts”, looking at Spenser's for that.
After that new plugs, and a 38t sprocket and chain before spring and then maybe a windshield later on
opinions?

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
sounds like a plan Mark. :)

·
Banned
821 Posts
one thing you could consider doing is stretching the frame up and out a little bit instead of just using taller risers. that looks kinda goofy imo

I made my own seat pan out of fiberglass, just an idea

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sparrow , I think modifying the frame is a bit out of my zone of abilities. My goal is to get at least a couple years out of this bike in the hopes of being able to get something bigger and do some long riding

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
17 deg F right now... Mocked up a pair of extensions with a set of holes at 4, 5, and 6 inches to try out. I will mount them tomorrow. I saw a youtube video of a guy that mounted a scootmods 6". I am doubting that I can fab and refine a set for that price in time and aggravation , we'll see

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Mark, I'm also considering winter projects and decided on the front end rebuild over the winter.

Bare minimum, I'd suggest a wheel bearing change. If you do not explicitly know how old the bearing is, now's your chance. Document the miles at time of replacement & you'll easily make your $40 back on resale value.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found out that when I laid her down a few months ago, I bent the two left side foot control mounting bolts.
Anyone know where to look for replacements? (online resources) they are 10mm-?? x 85mm.

I'll try to straighten these up, but I don't know how well that's going to work and need a contingency plan.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
12/10
still in the midst of this December wintery blast and waiting on chain/sprocket set and forward controls.
I got a gallon of rotella T6, a filter, and plugs this weekend. since I was changing oil anyway I decided to pull the right cover and do the 4deg timing mod...
I hope I can get her running again after doing so many changes at once...
As I loaded up the wood stove for the overnight burn, I looked at her and I felt a very primal of emotion... anyone who has never been bitten by the motorcycle bug, could never understand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts