Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to hit some country roads, well I don't mean hit as in fall down but ride some country roads sounds safer. I look forwards to some riding. Do you ever find yourself going to the garage and just sitting on your bike kind of like to old Dick Van Dyke show if any of you are that old. Guess I just dated myself. Well that was a classic show where he talks his wife into getting a bike. It this show it was like a Moped. He goes in the garage late at night when his wife is asleep and puts his helmet on and sits on it making motorcycle sounds. A classic moment in TV. If you ever get a chance to see it it's well worth it.

Ride Safe! Ride Often! (soon I hope)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ha Ha...YES I have gone out and sat on my bike in the garage although I haven't made any motorcycle noises. yet!
I remember that episode you mentioned, but really liked the one when Doug from King of Queens gets his bike.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Speaking of winter, it finally arrived here in the Carolina's.

We got a whopping 1" of snow!

Yeah I know, an inch is nothing, but hey, it's the first snow here in 3 years!

8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
few years ago i spent $2300 on a used dual sport (klr). best $ i ever spent. dug out my old long jons & gloves, bought some walmart ski pants, a balaclava (pull over head ski mask). when temp heads up over 40 deg im out riding. and yep i remember lusting over Mary Tyler Moore on that lil black and white tv.

·
Registered
949 Posts
metlcutr55 said:
few years ago i spent $2300 on a used dual sport (klr). best $ i ever spent. dug out my old long jons & gloves, bought some walmart ski pants, a balaclava (pull over head ski mask). when temp heads up over 40 deg im out riding. and yep i remember lusting over Mary Tyler Moore on that lil black and white tv.
Over 40???

Two pairs of pants, two shirts, a windbreaker, thick gloves and I am heading out on my 40 mile jaunt to work at 28 degrees....on the Sabre. There are people here that put that to shame though.

ut what can I say. I am young and occasionally stupid. Mary Tyler Moore was off the air before my parents were even driving....and Dick Van Dyke was already a Doctor/Detective on prime time. :roll:

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's been in the high 20's to low 30's on my morning ride to work and mid 40's on the way home, nice and sunny tho. 8 miles each way on mostly hiway, I get up to about 60 mph in some spots. Dress warm and a good windshield. NO friggn' snow here thank God.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had to work out of town a couple of days ago, and as I was checking into the motel just about dark, cold, light rain, there was a guy in the parking lot on a Harley. This was in East Ky and he had Iowa plates. He didn't have a windshield, the seat was just the metal pan, no padding, and had on a ball cap and a bandanna over his face, no helmet. The next morning he woke to wind and sleet. Now that is what I call hard core.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I shoveled some new snow off my driveway this afternoon hoping it was going to warm up and melt everything. Didn't help though. It's still only 23°F.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Boy do i hear ya! havent been able to ride now for almost 4 weeks. :(

it started snowing here 2 days before Christmas and it has snowed
at least once a week for the past 3 weeks. the street in front of our house has been snowpacked now ever since Christmas. got to get the bike out this weekend and at least sit on it. and cold too below zero cold! :(

droy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Snooze said:
I shoveled some new snow off my driveway this afternoon hoping it was going to warm up and melt everything. Didn't help though. It's still only 23°F.
sounds like the same weather were having here!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
it's been a little chili here the last few days been sown to about 40 something.

but hey i can wait a day or so before i ride again. :D :shock:

·
Registered
190 Posts
snow then rain :? and real chilly here,I did go over to the other shop today and warm her up though :oops:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sing it, man Sing it. The winter's around here have been mild and dry until this year. My Spirit is under it's blanket waiting......................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts