Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it, put the bike away for winter. Seeing I was not riding much the past few weeks and its only going to get colder. I put some Sta-Bil in the tank and ran it through the carbs. And pulled the battery and put that on a Tender.
Now if we get some late 80° weather I may be kicking myself. But it is what it is. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,495 Posts
Now if we get some late 80° weather I may be kicking myself. But it is what it is. ;)
There actually is something good about winter motorcycle storage for us Northerners...... We appreciate the riding season that much more.
Oh, and I must commend you on your winter storage technique. Simplicity at its finest. I just did the same thing a couple of days ago.

Hang in there brother, it'll be riding season again real soon!
Phil

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow VT1100C
2,841 Posts
There actually is something good about winter motorcycle storage for us Northerners...... We appreciate the riding season that much more.
Oh, and I must commend you on your winter storage technique. Simplicity at its finest. I just did the same thing a couple of days ago.

Phil
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I count the days till Dec 21, because that's the shortest day of the year. Every day after that, the days get a couple minutes longer each day, which is something for me to look forward to.

I start dreaming of Spring, the first day of Spring practice for my Tigers, and for the day when I can pull my bikes and car out of storage and get them ready for another season.

There's something to be said about living in a 4 season State which makes everything way more fun than guys living in a year long summer state way down south.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
950 Posts
That is the weird thing down here, there are many summer days that are just too hot to ride.
I plan on riding my bike year round to work regardless of temp (I am only 3 miles from work, so even a "cold" day down here (Maybe just below freezing) is not a bad ride.
If it is raining when I leave for work, I will not ride, I don't worry about the ride home (unless there is supposed to be ice, which is rare down here).

·
Registered
111 Posts
It has just now gotten cool enough to ride comfortably way down here in southwest Florida. The winter time is our best riding season.

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Phil
Thanks Phil, ;)

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,352 Posts
There actually is something good about winter motorcycle storage for us Northerners...... We appreciate the riding season that much more...
Plus having a "storage" season provides a good opportunity and reminder to do all those once-a-year maintenance and upgrade items.

G.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow VT1100C
2,841 Posts
Plus having a "storage" season provides a good opportunity and reminder to do all those once-a-year maintenance and upgrade items.

G.
Having a small specially dedicated place in the winter that is well lit and toasty warm along with a comfy chair to work on cleaning and maintaining bikes is also a great way to get out of the house and the wife's hair. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Listen to the crazy cannuck people!
If he still has riding days, we still has riding days!

I don't winterize, I rode throughout the winter last year, 8-10 good days a month even in Jan/Feb here in Jersey.
Hell thanksgiving day I rode in just a t-shirt... no sense in packing up til the games over boys!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts

G.
Thats what spare bikes are for, 1 down, 1 running. :D

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Listen to the crazy cannuck people!
If he still has riding days, we still has riding days!

I don't winterize, I rode throughout the winter last year, 8-10 good days a month even in Jan/Feb here in Jersey.
Hell thanksgiving day I rode in just a t-shirt... no sense in packing up til the games over boys!
Okay, in fairness, I am further south than many northern states. But I ride as long as I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts