Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a while, but if I remember correctly, this forum has the most willing to help people on the net. So here goes. I made the mistake of not starting my bike at all for the past 2 months, but now that it's warming up (here at least), I'd like to start riding to work again. Over the weekend I put in a gallon of fresh gas and charged the battery, but I can't get it to idle unless I have the choke all the way out. And it dies as soon as I twist the throttle. In my amature opinion, it probably needs some carb work. So my question is, how hard is it to clean/adjust the carbs on a '03 Spirit 750? Anybody got a link to a site that shows the process step by step? That would awesome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y'all come through again. I didn't even think about a fuel additive. I finally had a chance to pick up some Sea Foam today, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your license plate- tilted up- is that to beat the photo radar on the 101?
Nice scoot
Ha! Thanks. I bet it would be hard to photo my plate. That mount is part of the tail-light mod.

Well I poured in half the sea foam can and let it idle for about 15 minutes, but it still wouldn't idle without the choke out. Then I replaced the plugs (they were nasty) and poured in the rest of the sea foam can. It started idleing smoother after this, but it still dies if I even reach for the throttle. Once again, I'm clueless. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got her goin! I twisted the throttle as slowly as I possibly could, and after some poppin and fartin, it's running fine. That sea foam must have finally kicked in. Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.