Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my saddlebag off for about two weeks.....I love the look as much as when its on, but just that i ride everyday to work and without it its kind hard for me to get around. what do you guys think ? with or without ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like with...IMO.
thanks, when i have the bags...i can take my left over lunch back home for dinner and save money...but if i dont, i have to eat it all....than buy another dinner...wast money. lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I hear ya. Save money where you can. Where are turns sigs when the bags are on?
the signal stay the same....no change....my bag has the cut out for the shocks. so it fit right against the shocks...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It's easy to see who has a bike for riding around town, and who has a bike that hey use for transportation.
If I only ran around town, I would want no windshield, no bags, etc.
But I ride to work, ride at night, get caught in the rain. I use the bags for my lunch box, rainsuit, spare bulb, tire gauge, bungee cords, etc.
Dan

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Leave 'em on.

As for me, there's no point in taking mine off because I'd just be putting them back on every day...

...and you never know: Like that time I was taking a day ride out in the country and on the way home I came across a farmer's roadside stand selling some really tasty-looking fresh corn. I had a way to get it back home. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well here's a thought...

Just hang one off the left (side without the pipes...) side. Should be fine to carry your lunch etc. but leaves a clean look and shows off the pipes.

Who cares what people think of the other side?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i like with. those bags fit that bike really good!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put it back on. Can't stand it without the bags. Bike looks too skinny without it. And i can't bring coffee and lunch. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i only put mine on when I am going for a longer trip or have to pick something/carry something along the ride. Most of my riding is pleasure driven and not using to go to work or commute

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like bikes without saddle bags, but I understand that they actually hold stuff, so you can take the bike out when it's not just for the pleasure of riding.

Where I work, we get free lunch on Sundays. I usually get a hoagie or cheesesteak. I will eat half and save half for the next day. ;) I plan to take my bike to work and I will need a way of taking my lunch and additional items. I may use a backpack so I can just get off the bike and walk right in to work.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Hard to say which looks better. I never really looked at a bike as ass jewelry. Always function first aesthetics second..

I need bags...I just use the bike all the time and need the bags to pick up and carry things stuff. (Besides taking the bike to Costco saves me about $90) My bags and shield are quick release and they have not been off in 4 years LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I prefer bikes looks without. I have bags but have taken them off. I have a great tank bag that can hold a lot of stuff, then it turns into a back pack and the pad that goes on the tank flips down and holds my helmet underneath. Very convenient. When I need more room, I just strap a duffel bag to my sissy bar on my back seat. This last December I went hunting on my bike. I carried a compound bow (in a case with accessories), a fold out chair, a two man hunting blind and a backpack full of food, scent, knives, etc. All without any bags. I did look like the Beverly hillbillies riding down the road but it was fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.