Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago Sadie and Wassup ( Dan ) ventured over to meet up with me to pass off Woody's Journal. ( I still cannot believe they did that in a cold rain ). Because of the holidays and being out of State I was delayed in moving it on to the next member.

Yesterday Maggie and I met up with Hunter58 ( Steve ) and we rode up to Brookesville ( Florida ) to meet up with Circles ( Dave ) and pass of the journal to him.

It was cold ( 60 degrees which is cold for Florida ) but sunny and the traffic was surprisingly light. Dave was at a Goldwing meet and I didn't have a clue as to where the place was so I had Steve lead.

In Maggies eyes this presented a problem. We have rode a lot together with Steve and he is an awesome rider, but his idea of speed limits and hers do not jive. :) So Maggie gave him strict orders to drive the speed limit ( 5 over ) or face her rath.

Steve did an awesome job and gave us a great ride. As a matter of fact we both commented when we got home on how enjoyable and relaxing it was for us. He took us into the country on a few twisty - hilly roads and through the Orange groves in our area and we both really enjoyed looking at the scenery as we have never been in this area before.

What was even better is that Steve kept the speed down enough to where we could relax and look around a bit on the back roads and enjoy the farms and orange groves. Both Maggie and I are galkers when we ride in the country. We love to look over the scenery, ranches, homes and landscape.

We did meet up with Dave and had lunch at Coney Island. It's kinda strange as when we mentioned getting some food, Dave suddenly disappeared. I think he figured we were going to stick him with the tab
( he figured right BTW ). Heck I figured if he could afford a wing he could afford lunch for us. No such luck. :)

We all ate and then bugged out. It was just as well as I felt pretty out of place there with all these rich senior citizens who rode in on their gorgeous expensive Wing's. :)

Anyways, it was a great day and an awesome ride. Thanks Steve, you did a fantastic job as a leader and really made our ride enjoyable. Thanks Dave for meeting up with us. Sorry about ruining your reputation by showing up on dem thar cheap bikes of ours. But it sure was fun being the youngest bikers in the crowd. :)

The journal is now in Tampa and will be heading North again to Steve who will pass it on to someone else north of him. I believe the idea is to get it heading North as the weather breaks and spring arrives.

Lotsa sun, great ride, great leader, great people and great scenery. It doesn't get much better then that.

Well it would have been a perfect day if Dave would have stuck around and picked up the tab. Would have been great too if Wassup could have made it. Being an old fart he would have felt right at home with the rest of the Wingers. :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Nice write up Christopher, glad to see the journal is moving.

PS, the line about being the youngest rider gave me a pretty good chuckle.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I been thinking about starting a motorcycle club and calling it Hell's
Geezers. I planned on having Chris as my VP.
8)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Speed

It really is nice to slow the speed down and just soak it all in.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wassup said:
8)
The only reason you want me as your VP Danno is because you old geezers need us young bucks around to do the work. :)

Rocking and farting your day away is no way to live. :)

I accept the nomination BTW and will try and keep you geezers in line and out of jail. Shouldn't be real hard.

:mrgreen:

Chris

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Now, I can't speak to first part of that story, but I can tell you they had all us old Gold Wing guys shivering in our boots when these bikers all decked out in their leathers pulled in to our little eat to ride gathering of Wingers.
Now being the peaceful and friendly group that we are I asked them if we could cook anything up in the microwave or warm up the cappucino machine for a latte or two. I realize that this leather clad group does not have any of the modern accessories on their cruisers. I thought they were in a hurry to eat and ride on so as not to ruin their reputation as BA bikers by hanging out with the polyester mesh jacket eat to ride crowd.
Kidding aside, it was a beautiful day to ride. It was very nice to meet up with Chris and Maggie again and to meet Steve for the first time. This is the second time I have met up with Chris and Maggie and we have yet to go ride together, we will have to remedy that soon. I started reading Woody's Journal last night and got about a third of the way through it. Most of those folks had the opportunity to ride with Woody or knew him through the site. He certainly inspired many people that he met. The more of the journal you read, the more you feel as though you knew the man even though you never met. Their is no doubt we are friends in spirit on two wheels, even though we never had the opportunity to meet.
Steve, I will be contacting you soon to arrange to pass the Journal on I am sure I will have read the whole thing by next week.
Thanks Christopher for passing it on to me.

Dave

·
Registered
448 Posts
Chris & Maggie,

Glad you enjoyed the ride. There are a few more nice roads I want to introduce to you yet.

Dave,

Nice meeting you and just let me know when you're ready to pass the journal on.

Would love to ride with you Wing Nuts sometime!

Hunter

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I will ride the Shadow next time so I don't tarnish anyones reputation by riding the Cappacino machine, I mean the Gold Wing. I can live without air conditioning and a heater like the rest of you real bikers. Now, living without the intercom, am/fm, weather channel, cb and GPS might be roughing it a tad I'm sure I can manage. Although, if Chris is going to be VP of the Geezers MC club, he is going to have to learn how to clean those air conditioning vents on the Wing and get the coffee grounds out of the trunk. :D :wink:

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Circles said:
Although, if Chris is going to be VP of the Geezers MC club, he is going to have to learn how to clean those air conditioning vents on the Wing and get the coffee grounds out of the trunk. :D :wink:
Dang. Sometimes it seems I have spent a lifetime picking up after old people. When it comes to picking up dirty depends brothers, your on your own. That is what a wife is for. :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am ready to pass the Journal off to Steve, Hunter58, so Woody is on the move again.

Dave

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wassup said:
8)
lmao thats funny I dont care who ya are ......... glad you had a good day with Maggie and Steve , happy to hear you were feeling good enough to ride it always makes me feel so free no matter what troubles me......

·
Registered
448 Posts
Circles said:
I am ready to pass the Journal off to Steve, Hunter58, so Woody is on the move again.

Dave
Dave,

Sent you a PM.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts