Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woody was with us at the East Coast Rally, especially at dinner on Friday night. We were at Binions Steak House in Hendersonville North Carolina. We all were able to read and sign the journal and generally discuss Woody and his contribution to the organization. On Saturday we had the pleasure of meeting or seeing again Spirit1100, and it was nice to get his insights into the life of Woody and the Journal. Sadie kept the journal for a trip through Florida. The pages are almost filled up with words, thoughts and memories. Best wishes Woody's family.
:)

East Coast Rally Bikes at Balsam Overlook, Highest Point on the Blue Ridge Parkway

·
Registered
640 Posts
I talked to Spirt1100 about being in St Louis when he gives the book to Woody's wife. Maybe we can do a group thing then. Something to think about.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
C Nile said:
I talked to Spirt1100 about being in St Louis when he gives the book to Woody's wife. Maybe we can do a group thing then. Something to think about.
All are welcome to come along...or meet up in Chicago and ride over to his grave to pay our respect. I am willing to bet there will not be a dry eye for miles around. Damn...it is getting to me just thinking about it. I know Linda is really going to appreciate this act of generosity from all of us.

Joe

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have the journal, and it went me through Kentucky, ohio and Wva, back to TN into NC and SC and all the way down and back to east coast florida......when is it that you are planning this ride to see Woodys widow? and his resting place?,,,,I really like Barrys idea , but tell me when you all are doing this because I know that Chet was saying he wanted to look through it more carefully and Dan wants to ride with it a while too, maybe bring it to Christopher to sign it if he hasnt had the oppertunity yet.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have the journal now. Sadie and I met for lunch today and she handed it off to me. I have some plans for some rides with it, and the tentative plan is to meet with Christopher in a few weeks and pass it along to him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts