Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what gives? I have perused the threads in the Woody's Ride forum and it appears as if this thing has stalled. I realize that life gets in the way but if members cannot get together to pass it on the US Postal Service can handle some of that. It has in the past and will probably do so in the future.

Also, I noticed that many of the earlier journal posts have vanished. Where did they go?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It is stuck in AZ waiting for Solo to get his bike back together. Hopefully it will get going pretty soon. It has wintered in AZ long enough.

Solo...if you see this...how about mailing it to the next person so we can get it moving again?

Joe

G

·
I realize that the journal is an official document, I also realize that there is no CrazyDave entry in the journal. This is not to belittle the journal as I think it was and still is a great idea, but I would like to state that I have taken Woody on a lot of rides during the past few years, and this year NHBigfoot will be joining along. We will stop at lakes and streams, obsevrve acres of fields and viw mountains. Although Linda will be right there I doubt she will even notice the silent passengers sharing the ride, nor will she hear the secret converstations I have with them.
So whether if any of you do not have a physical journal in hand, please do not let that stop you from taking Woody, NHBigfoot or anyone else special to you along for the ride.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
CD...you were there when the Journal was exchanged from Hondo's hands to KenC's hands on the 2004 leaf peeping run...

No wait you weren't...sorry...you did put yourself in one of the pics from the run as a ghost though...

Maybe the journal will make it's way back to the Northeast so you can put your $0.02 (0.035 Canadian) in :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
CrazyDave said:
So whether if any of you do not have a physical journal in hand, please do not let that stop you from taking Woody, NHBigfoot or anyone else special to you along for the ride.
WTF happened to NHBigfoot?!?!

I knew I never should have taken a break from the boards.

·
Registered
549 Posts
CosmicCowboy said:
CrazyDave said:
WTF happened to NHBigfoot?!?!

I knew I never should have taken a break from the boards.
he died some months ago. :( it wasn't bike-related, but we lost him.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think there are too many folks that still want to see the Journal to allow it to sit idle in one place. Please pass it on so that others may also participate.
Arspirit

·
Registered
555 Posts
I hope that it passes through here again in VA one day. :)

If it does head back east in the next few months, I'd love to get my paws on it for the ECR in August. Just a thought. 8)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I have sent Solo an email asking for the manual to be passed on quickly. I will let everyone know what he says.

Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
I have sent Solo an email asking for the manual to be passed on quickly. I will let everyone know what he says.

Joe
hey Joe, I'm new enough to the board that I didn't know Woody personally, but I would love to get the HSN-MI members together to take the journal through some Michigan terrain. So, if it makes it way this far north, will you let us know?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
byg_mi said:
Spirit_1100 said:

Joe
hey Joe, I'm new enough to the board that I didn't know Woody personally, but I would love to get the HSN-MI members together to take the journal through some Michigan terrain. So, if it makes it way this far north, will you let us know?
The journal has been traveling haphazardly so far. The members contact members near them to pass it off to the next person and then it is passed on to the next member. To be honest, I have no idea when it will make it anywhere...especially when it will make it back to St. Louis so I can take it up Chicago to meet up with the Chi-Town riders and deliver it to Linda. It would be nice to delliver it to her on the anniversary date of his passing, but I can't guarantee it will happen like that.

All that said...hopefully it will make it up that way via the northern teir states. Just keep up with the Woody's Memorial Ride forum about its progress.

Joe

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have physically touched it and read it recently. Joe is correct it is with Solo and he is getting close to having his bike together, I had offered to ride it on to San Diego from Phoenix but in reality it is not my place. Please give Solo a little more time I know he is sincere with his wishes to move it on but just having some problems getting it done
It is a great red and I am proud of every entry in it.
Glen

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hawaii 600 said:
Please give Solo a little more time I know he is sincere with his wishes to move it on but just having some problems getting it done
It is a great red and I am proud of every entry in it.
Glen
Patience is a virtue and I agree with your assessment about Solo being sincere about moving the journal himself. It is true that the journal has been idle, but lets give Solo the opportunity to complete his journey. Spring is here and there's lots of riding time for the journal to move about. And yes, the journal is a great read. It is hard to describe the emotions that run thru as you read each entry and get a little insight to each riders personae.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How ironic that I check in here to see if there is a reward on my head yet and find this. Short story- I plan on moving the journal to SD by the end of April. If that does not happen I will have Glen come get it from me and move it in my honor.

Some backgound- I painted the bike but had some chemical contamination that caused the paint to delaminate. See below-

http://www.phxvtx.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10021/100_2601.JPG

I had to strip the entire bike and start over. I am as far as starting the artwork on the tins. I should have the bike cleared by the end of next week. My wife will be out of town that week and I can't go anywhere till she gets back. By that time I should have the bike done and assembled and ready to go. I'll call Glen and he will come to Phoenix and ride with me to SD to drop it off.

Here's a sneak peak of the new paint theme-

http://www.phxvtx.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10021/tank.jpg

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,388 Posts
CrazyDave said:
I realize that the journal is an official document, I also realize that there is no CrazyDave entry in the journal. This is not to belittle the journal as I think it was and still is a great idea, but I would like to state that I have taken Woody on a lot of rides during the past few years, and this year NHBigfoot will be joining along. We will stop at lakes and streams, obsevrve acres of fields and viw mountains. Although Linda will be right there I doubt she will even notice the silent passengers sharing the ride, nor will she hear the secret converstations I have with them.
I'm right with ya there, Dave. I am principally a solo rider (by habit and choice) but will often drop the pegs for a passenger such as Woody, or my good buddy Trevor who tragically died at age 17 in a motorcycle accident.

I still remember my own Woody Ride like it was yesterday when I went and met our old friend Snufle on his marathon trip from his hometown in Norway to my own city of Norwich in England.

I am sure that Woody had an eye on us and was thoroughly amused at the antics of the day.

Collector

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.