Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I saw that episode last year on one of dicoveries many channels. pretty cool little thing. If I had disposable cash, ya i would buy it. In ohio two ride with three wheels ya need to have a motorcycle or a trike endorsement. there is an electric car/trike here by myers motors is pretty cool, www.myersmotors.com is the link to check them out. this company actually bought this from a company out in california a few years back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
AceRider said:
Ran across this and I think its actually a pretty cool vehicle. Kind of half car - half motorcycle. I would definitely like to have one to test drive anyway... sure I wouldn't pay $40, 000 but looks like lots of fun.
Check out the video.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgfTG1wCHtg
You sig is actually sad,if you knew about Sporties at all you would know they are HD hot rods or were until the V-rod,if you put $2500 in a sporty and $2500 into the big twin HD's the Sporty would dust the doors off any other Harley but the V-rod :wink: Just my .02

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
These little three wheeled vehicles would make great commuters at about 15K, at 30k or so, I wouldn't be that interested.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twisty571 said:
You sig is actually sad,if you knew about Sporties at all you would know they are HD hot rods or were until the V-rod,if you put $2500 in a sporty and $2500 into the big twin HD's the Sporty would dust the doors off any other Harley but the V-rod :wink: Just my .02
Ya know I wondered how long it would take for someone to make a negative comment about that. Actually took longer than I thought.

The sig is for fun and only for fun....I thought it was funny, period. I didn't make it, otherwise there would be no specific brand reference, but there is.....

You would be less sad if it said Shadow instead of Sportster? As I said, its a funny only....two wheels is two wheels....AceRider

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I see little vehicles like this and some of the electric cars, I sometimes wonder if it's safer to be trapped in one of those or thrown across the road (with gear of course) during a crash. I can imagine a couple of things that could go wrong being buckled into such a small vehicle.

On the plus side you could go really fast without being blown off!

·
Registered
190 Posts
thought it was a little more than that sorry,I like all brands of bikes :wink: and from what I gather from the Harley sites that would be pretty offensive to them because of the flak the big twin HD riders I guess give them but I haven't run it to it but I just got mine Sunday.To me it makes no sense for a hard core HD guy to rag on another 1 just because he bought a Sporty,it's all HD and would blow the doors off those baggers :?

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I want one. And an electric scooter. And a Tesla. And the Moller.

I want all the cool toys :)

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I think the thing would be a blast to drive / ride/ or whatever you call it. :)

Would I pay $ 40 K nope. But then if I had Lisa's money I would buy two of them in different colors.....LOL

Whether you like it or not you have to admit that they are a great piece of engineering.

In the event of an accident, I think they would need a can opener to extract you. Imagine getting hit by an Escalade or Expedition in one of those. Yikes.....

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts