1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If i wanted a Honda Accord, id buy one with 4 wheels :p

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
and I know someone who would, but not me...

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Nope

i checked part availability on cheapcycleparts and way too many "Blanks" on parts available. There is a reason the dealer didn't feel it was worth making it road worthy.

I can hear the Manager at the Dealer now.... "Just get rid of it" .....

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
From looks yes, from the verbage no.
May be good deal, but just too many issues. But as a 2nd skoot, maybe..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My dad has an '86 1200. Its a nice bike. Rides great, handles great, lots of power. However, that bike, I would not pay more than a couple of hundred bucks considering all the work that you already know it needs, not to mention what else it MIGHT need.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Way too much info about what is wrong, not enough about what's right. For $1000, good tires, battery & running - I'd pick it up in a minute. For $1300 they list, they better include a comprehensive & honest rundown of their decision process.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Absolute NO. It definitely is a money pit. The time and money to make it roadworthy is not worth it, and it will only take up room in your working space along with reminding you of the money you threw away to buy it. You have better things to spend money on.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I didn't see anything on there about miles, if its low miles and all the things wrong are due to age I might offer a much lower price and get it as a second bike for a project but I'm thinking in the $500, to $600 range to make it worth while with all that needs to be done. I think it would be a cool classic once done if the price is right. Of course I have no money now so couldent if I wanted to, just saying what I might do if I did.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I would not just because of the parts. Brother n law has a 84 GL1200 wing, rides great but he has had problems in the last year or so getting parts, now this is in central Alabama, might be different else where...and with what the bike needs, you could buy one that you could go ride for what you'll have in that one after all of the work, and that's not including your time
jmho

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think they are asking to much, cut the price in half I would then consider it. But, right now I do not have neither the time nor the desire to have a project bike.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,097 Posts
I wouldn't too many problems let alone the hidden issues and asking price too high. But that's just me

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
No, unless you can get it for less than $500 and then have enough time to part it out.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I looked at the ad this morning, it needs work for sure!
BUT what I read is regular wear items and can be repaired IF parts are available...
And Yes I would!
IF the price is negociated in my favor!
They mention Wholesale, I suggest lower than wholesale :D

Asking price and selling price has been discussed this week, there is a difference;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.