Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
513 Posts
This is the first I'd heard about this... a tragedy for all involved.
Not knowing what evidence was presented to the jury and what instructions the judge gave them, it's hard to understand the verdict.
Sounds as if there was possible impairment on both sides, but at the end of the day, a commercial driver that uses cocaine and heroin had no business being behind the wheel.

Probably the best recourse for the families would be to go after the state of NH for their negligence in not getting this guy off the road.
Had he lost his license, he'd would not have been driving that truck and this wouldn't have happened.

A settlement with NH will never bring back these riders, but definitely will make certain this isn't repeated again.
God Bless these fallen seven riders.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,542 Posts
WOW!!! I remember when this happened. At that time there were so many items brought up against the truck driver that he should not have been on the road driving, in a cage much less a big truck.

That verdict makes no sense to me.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,623 Posts
That doesn' make sense, if the truck driver was on drugs and went into the other lane, he's innocent?

But say= if the lead biker was drunk, and went into the truck's lane, then why did other bikes get hit in their lane o_O?

Of course the truck driver was on drugs, so he couldn't make the right decision about avoidance.

·
Registered
'99 VT750CD ACE
483 Posts
A judge dismisses 8 charges as to whether he was impaired... makes no sense when there is overwhelming evidence, including self admission, that he was. I don't care if it's how, where, why or when evidence or statements are taken, facts are facts. Unfortunately a good defense lawyer can get facts dismissed and now the jury had to disregard those charges.
I won't comment on whether or not the lead biker was drunk because this morning's news (Boston station) was the first I had heard about that.
This was just such a tragedy that could (should) have been avoided on so many levels, including if some people in NH and MA DMVs had done their job. Although based on Zhukovskyy's priors, he probably still would've been behind the wheel.

So if this guy doesn't get deported (from a related news story) then history will most likely be repeated and people will look back to this trial.

I feel for the riders and for their families.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,623 Posts
Can you imagine being a defense attorney and work hard to get a criminal off so you an get a fat paycheck and increase your reputation?

No conscience.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Can you imagine being a defense attorney and work hard to get a criminal off so you an get a fat paycheck and increase your reputation?

No conscience.
This is true until you and/or your family need a lawyer.
We seem to forget that EVERYONE has a right to have legal representation.

This may have been a factor:

The doctrine of contributory negligence essentially bars an accident victim from recovering any compensation if the defendant can prove that the plaintiff acted negligently and contributed to the accident in any way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts