Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks exactly Like a Harley. EXACTLY.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Honda-Spirit-Deluxe-Very-Strong-Runner_W0QQitemZ300065128036QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50008QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Description: Honda Spirit

For Slae 2001 Spirit deluxe - original first owner - To include all maintenance records and receipts. Bike is always garaged. Specs. Type-S&S super stock 45 degree V-twin disolacement - 88 cubic inch 1442 CC
Bore & Stroke - 3.625" x 4.25"
Transmission - Constant mesh, fort shift, 5 speed
Exhaust - 2 into 1 vancethines
Primary Drive - Chain Drive wet clutch
Bike has many addictions to include:
Oil pressure gauge, Custom grips and throttle lever, Arrowhead tail lite, F and R turn signal, Braided throttle cables and clutch braided oil lines, New F and R w.w. tires, New battery, New starter, Corrin seat and backrest, windshield, roll bar f and r, Saddle bags on bike are approx 25 years old, But i left on bike because it has a vintage look, they are not in great shape but thats up to you, The bike was painted black 2 years ago, Original cream and red, there is some minor scuff marks on rear fender where the corbin seat retied, Other than that the bike is very strong running, Shows well, Needs a good detailing to bring to showroom condition. For more information and additional details please contact Richard.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The machine certainly would pass for HD.

We recommend that any potential buyer proceed with caution, however. The add includes an admission that the bike has "many addictions;" and we have on good information that rehab is particularaly difficult for Honda Spirits that have taken on the appearance of HD's.

From the ad, we postulate that the poster of same may have some "addictions" as well...

We trudge on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can we say "I N D I A N"?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Can someone actually call a custom motorcycle that has a S&S motor and a belt drive a Honda?

Bruce

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ha....the Indian also has a bike called the Spirit. I bet that is causing the confusion....

Gonz

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
when i go to the link it doesnt say anything about a HONDA.

IT IS AN INDIAN SPIRIT not a HONDA SPIRIT!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
droy said:
when i go to the link it doesnt say anything about a HONDA.

IT IS AN INDIAN SPIRIT not a HONDA SPIRIT!
Yep, that's what I saw too. I saw no mention at all of Honda.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In TomBongi's defense, the listing has been revised...

Ebay listing said:
Description (revised)
assuming his original post was copy/cut/pasted from the unrevised text you'll see the "For slae" typo is also gone. It may have originally read Honda Spirit...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Shadow Shack said:
...assuming his original post was copy/cut/pasted from the unrevised text you'll see the "For slae" typo is also gone. It may have originally read Honda Spirit...
I looked at it this morning, it definately said Honda Spirit.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The URL has the word Honda in it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Honda-Spirit-Deluxe-Very-Strong-Runner_W0QQitemZ300065128036QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50008QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so there must have been some confusion when they first listed it and then realized it was an Indian and not a Honda. There are a few ebayers who don't know what they have when they list things. I've seen a few Honda Shadaw parts listed on ebay which are obviously mismarked. Some sellers are appreciative when you point it out, but some don't seem to care.

My brother-in-law has an Indian bike- I've always thought it was very nice looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, its an indian spirit not a honda....indian was even using harley motors till right before they shut down again........

·
Registered
236 Posts
Indian never used Harley motors. When they started up in the late 90's they bought S&S motors then they built their own, then they went under again. I've heard rumors they are starting up once more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
norcalace said:
Indian never used Harley motors. When they started up in the late 90's they bought S&S motors then they built their own, then they went under again. I've heard rumors they are starting up once more.
thats what i meant...same thing really. just an improved copy of the original.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts