Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This past Sunday I went on a nice group ride to Newport RI, Not too long but put 100 miles on the bike, Any how we had a decent size group and we all rode well together mostly staggered with a few riding side by side with a variety of bikes from Yamaha, a couple of Harly's a few VTX a VLX and my trusty Spirit and a few others including a few crotch rockets. (one of which is a motor cycle cop) Well I was 8th in the line of bikes with the next two bikes being a VTX and a big Harly full dresser with 2 other bikes behind them, Well we got to a merge into traffic and the group went as well, a group into the line of traffic when all of the sudden a cage decides he wants to cut right in almost rubbing my back tire in the process with his bumper, Looking at him in the mirror I think he realized he was being a total Jackass especially when a few pissed off guys on a huge harly and a VTX 1800 started giving him the pipes right behind him and me giving him the WTF look for almost taking me out. Poor kid looked like he just wet him self and went from trying to cut off traffic to pulling over to the break down lane letting many cars pass him to be between us and him, I just think it's funny when a arrogant driver actually stops and thinks about his actions (rare occasion I think) in his cage. If I was alone he would probably tailgate and make my ride not so enjoyable.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Newport was a nightmare Sunday. I went Sunday as well, less of a ride and more of a sit in traffic day. Had I known the kite festival was going on I would have avoided it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used to go to the local bike meets. We would meet up at one spot then ride as a group to a dinner spot. Usually there'd be 30+ bikes in the group. One time this car cut off the lead bikes from the rest of the group in a total bonehead move. At the next stop sign all 30 of us surrounded the car. The dude quickly learned the error of his ways and apologized profusely.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I haven't enjoyed the few group rides that I've been on for that same purpose, cars cutting into an obvious group trying to keep together. I tend to avoid groups now.

mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dauntae, I'm wondering if maybe he was having some kind of car problem and was needing to get to the breakdown lane. Some drivers kind of panic when the car starts acting up and they do dumb things.

Had a bro-in-law whose minivan stalled at about 10mph in stop and go freeway traffic. He did two things...shouted angrily at his wife in the passenger seat, then shoved it into park at 10 mph. I was embarrassed for him but it later proved to be a general character flaw of his. He would have done the same thing had he sharted.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh there was no car trouble, he pushed in from the right then realized what he did, driving one of those fast and furious wanna be cars, or as we call them Dumb and curious with elastic bands for tires lol he cut in like he owned the road, guess he thought better of it LOL

Dauntae

·
Registered
18,103 Posts
Riding to the capital on June 25 "Last Ride Memorial"
Even in Memorial to our fallen riders ~ 32 Bikes IN FORMATION with BLACK armbands ~ one the cagers cut through!!! But it was to the "fast lane" with only a few Bikes left to get by him/her...
CLEARLY NOT ENOUGH ROOM TO SAFELY DO SO!!!
Don`t make NO Scense!!!
I`m GLAD we made it through that one without a WRECK...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I just came back from two weeks in Newport. I thought terrible driving was the norm! No wonder all the rentals at the airport were dinged and dented. There were a couple of nice things about Newport but I am in no hurry to go back.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I just came back from two weeks in Newport. I thought terrible driving was the norm! No wonder all the rentals at the airport were dinged and dented. There were a couple of nice things about Newport but I am in no hurry to go back.
I can show you some AWESOME parts of Newport. It's a worthwhile place to go. You just have to know where/when. Terrible driving in Newport is more from the visitors though.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I can show you some AWESOME parts of Newport. It's a worthwhile place to go. You just have to know where/when. Terrible driving in Newport is more from the visitors though.
I am sure there are plenty of beautiful spots. The number of rubber necking tourists combined with the narrow rough roads really detracted from me wanting to see them. Best **** steak I have ever had in my life I had at Coddington Brewery though.... just next time I'll not make the mistake of asking for a Coors lite when I first set down though.... dude almost tossed me out on to the street!!!!..... oh, and what's up with all the "Buffies" from Connecticut whose first reaction is to slap a guy?? I only told her I was willing to help her shave her legs.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts