Honda Shadow Forums banner

Should Politics Be Able To Be Discussed?

• Yes

Votes: 63 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 113 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
mmmm I noticed I am not included in your list:wink:
:shock:Aw, David, I didn't know you cared . . . you are the wind beneath my wings . . .:-D

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
:shock: Yeah...no problem. It's not any worse than getting your penis stuck in your zipper. :lol:
Thanks for that image . . .:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Hoping that at the very least you are circumcised.:p

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
:shock:...:lol::lol::lol:
Politics? Whatever, let's get one of these polls going so we can get "darkside" posts outlawed! (There needs to be a smiley stirring a pot here)
Little clicks=little d!cks!;-):lol:
:shock: Yeah...no problem. It's not any worse than getting your penis stuck in your zipper. :lol:
I HATE when that happens..
Thanks for that image . . .:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Hoping that at the very least you are circumcised.:p
:shock: I AM NOW! :shock:
Wow, I get nailed, posts deleted and scolded for trolling and thread jacking and, as I look back through this very thread I wonder... Well, won't be long til this post is gone too. Selective enforcement is alive and well.

·
Administrator
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well Eric seeing as how I don't live on the forum there are posts that don't get seen asap, I've got more than just one poker in the fire at the moment and yes some posts are not going to be gotten to as soon as some think/feel/want. As far as your claims of selective enforcement, here's a thought try not insulting me or the moderating team when you post or trying to inflame others and you won't have your posts removed or edited and your actions called trolling. If you want an open honest dialogue I am all over that. If you just want to bitch me out complain then no thanks not going to happen.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Well Eric seeing as how I don't live on the forum there are posts that don't get seen asap, I've got more than just one poker in the fire at the moment and yes some posts are not going to be gotten to as soon as some think/feel/want.
Never said you did or should live on the forum. A few of those posts have been up for two days or so. I'm just pointing at discrepancies, inconsistencies and general attitude problems when it comes to certain "old guard" long time forum members. You know, the ones who contributed for years then are regularly invited to take a hike? And, when trolling posts posted by other members are left up for days at a time, it just makes a person wonder.

As far as your claims of selective enforcement, here's a thought try not insulting me or the moderating team when you post or trying to inflame others and you won't have your posts removed or edited and your actions called trolling.
So, if you don't like someone, if you feel that they've insulted you, you and the mod team treat them more harshly? That sure explains alot. Here's a hint, Murray, internet forums are generally for discussion. Alot of times, that discussion involves challenging a persons views or actions.

If you want an open honest dialogue I am all over that. If you just want to bitch me out complain then no thanks not going to happen.
Dialogue is fine but you and your team have made it clear that it's your way or the highway, so why bother. And as for bitching you out, I don't think my post even comes close to that.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
...wow...just wow...

I get buried with work for a few weeks and I come back to this...WTF people...

...has anyone noticed that it is only 89 votes to 52 votes...a whopping grand total of 141 votes out of 1550 views to the thread and only 88 replys to the thread...

...SOOOO out of 32,000 members to the site only 1550 members cared enough about the topic to further read more on the subject, 141 members voted on it and then only 88 members responded to the thread...so therefore only 89 people were able to make change on a specific Honda Shadow forum and have 31,200 others follow them...

...hmmm is this a reflection about something?.....or is the membership a bit skewed?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Buried at work eh? I thought you left us for good......
Welcome back.

Phil
...very busy at work and everything here was becoming homogenized things got a bit uninteresting...;)

...my advise is the OT should be an open romper room...Jerry Springer makes a lot of dough...;)

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
...wow...just wow...

I get buried with work for a few weeks and I come back to this...WTF people...

...has anyone noticed that it is only 89 votes to 52 votes...a whopping grand total of 141 votes out of 1550 views to the thread and only 88 replys to the thread...

...SOOOO out of 32,000 members to the site only 1550 members cared enough about the topic to further read more on the subject, 141 members voted on it and then only 88 members responded to the thread...so therefore only 89 people were able to make change on a specific Honda Shadow forum and have 31,200 others follow them...

...hmmm is this a reflection about something?.....or is the membership a bit skewed?

Interesting observation for sure.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Interesting observation for sure.
..even though my Gramp, Dad and Daughter are UofM people I am a pure bred Northwood University product...Milton Friedman / Ronald Regan supply side economics bred...

...everything can be broken down into numbers...;)

·
Administrator
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Eric let me respond to your concerns.

In response to "old guard" members being invited to take a hike" those are your words not mine nor any of the other moderators, yes I freely admit I said many times that if certain members were unhappy with the rules they were free to find other places on the net. What is not mentioned though is this only after responding many times to the same people with an answer they either didn't like or didn't want to hear. How else is there to respond to those who won't or don't accept a decision and increasingly vent their anger at you and about you? How would you feel any better about being told your suggestion or idea will not be implemented?

As far as trolling posts go that are left up you are right some have been left, but for a variety of reasons, they may not have been gotten to yet, they may have been misinterpreted or they may have been simply forgotten about. From what I've seen from the other mods they are all men of integrity and above engaging in childish little drama games. I like to think the same holds true for me but obviously everyone has their own opinion. I would suggest that be it you or anyone else if you see posts that are trolling then please report it. There is a feature on this forum for it. In this way we as moderators have to check the thread out.

As far as feeling insulted being a determining factor it's not. It's those times when a member does insult me or attempts to inflame other members for whatever reason their posts are going to removed or edited. Here's a hint right back at you Eric most of your posts as of late have been nothing more than jabs at this forum and indirectly at me, if you want to discuss things and question things hey that's fine. Let's do that. But I personally will not tolerate being insulted anymore, I have spent too many years here being called all sorts of nasty things both via private message and on the open forum and having my integrity questioned time and time again that it will not fly anymore. I give as much respect as I am given, and those times when I haven't I have been called on it and rightly so and I have apologized.

As far as discussing things and not being heard so why bother, that is your choice. Near as I can tell there was a lot of closed minds on both sides.

·
Administrator
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Yes it is a reflection that the world hates clowns, things really dropped off in the polls after you voted, I don't know why.:shock:

The membership number is really skewed, it's taking into account how many people or spammers have registered on the forum in the last decade or so, obviously not are active.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
..even though my Gramp, Dad and Daughter are UofM people I am a pure bred Northwood University product...Milton Friedman / Ronald Regan supply side economics bred...

...everything can be broken down into numbers...;)
:shock:I think Woody Allen said that "80% of success is just showing up.":wink:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I voted no for it in the OT but seems it might be ok in its own room. That was suggested several times and I for one liked it .

The taboo subject room. Come in at your own peril.
I love the name, i want to change my vote to yes if one of the forums can be called " the Taboo Subject Room"

On second thought that opens up a whole new can of worms!

81 - 100 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.