Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We set off for Exeter NH yesterday where they were having their 37th annual Independence Celebration, replete with the reading of the Deceleration, by John Adams, an opening speech by none other then George Washington himself , cannon fire on the hour , roving fife and drums and other sundry activities.

A short vid , note the emphasis John Adams uses on a certain word..

Exeter.mp4 video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

This church in Brentwood has seen some heated political action in it's two hundred plus years.

Jr Militiamen getting ready to march

Gosh it's hot

Wheres the beer!

two young ladies in period garb

Folsom Tavern

The Inn by the Bandstand

Linda got this shot of this cool old dude

encampment by Linda

Cannons after a round, by Linda

Despite the heat and bright constant sun, the folks who participated in the event were always ready to answer the most oft repeated questions patiently and with character they did a great job

after that we headed up to Concord for a "bike" show, encountering a nice sized pack heading in the other direction

vid..

100_1806.mp4 video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

Not much of a bike show but this Indian was kinda sweet

Sporty with a Fatty

how Linda usually sees me

Some young ladies enjoying the day

Ok trips done , time to eat!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Cool pics and video!
Makes you want to grab your musket and waive a flag!
Dan

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice pics CD. I know you've mentioned it before, but what kind of camera are you using? I'm looking for a decent one that I can keep handy in the saddlebags. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
In your video I am struck by what appears to be lack of attendance. Did you just pick some great spots to take your pictures or is this not a well attended event? Either way, it looks fantastic. Quite probably could be the incentive I've been needing for another coast to coaster. I understand there are a number of events like this in New England......

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In your video I am struck by what appears to be lack of attendance. Did you just pick some great spots to take your pictures or is this not a well attended event? Either way, it looks fantastic. Quite probably could be the incentive I've been needing for another coast to coaster. I understand there are a number of events like this in New England......
it was a large event but spread throughout the area, and I tend to avoid crowds in my pictures and vids

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics CD. I know you've mentioned it before, but what kind of camera are you using? I'm looking for a decent one that I can keep handy in the saddlebags. Thanks.
I use a Samsung, I find them cheap reasonably rugged and reliable.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Until I read it a little closer, I was half-convinced the classy looking man with the cane was you CD. HAHA! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts