Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum... :D
My name is Charlie, and I'm one of the many guys that Chornbe helped get into riding. Actually, I got some help from SPIRIT05 also. He provided the "Free" bike back in late November. It's no shadow, mind you, but it is a Honda. (82 CB450SC Nighthawk.) It did need quite a bit of work, and I'm still working on it as I have the time. (And as the parts trickle in from various suppliers. :? ) Anyway, the carbs have been rebuilt and she is actually running now. Chornbe is helping me put a new tire put on the front wheel today. Waiting on some parts to finish the front brake rebuild.

Anyway, I hope to be able to ride by the end of February (weather permitting, of course). I'll also try to get some pics posted at some point. Right now the only pics I have are from when I picked it up, but I'll try to get them posted soon.

TTFN,
Charlie

·
Registered
103 Posts
cmhdiamond

Welcome to the forum and great deal on the bike. Good luck and if you need any input i may not be able to help much but many here im sure would be more than happy to assist.

Again welcome and looking forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Below the "Before" pics I promised. They aren't the greatest, but it they were just quick shots that I took soon after getting her home. She's now in the back of the garage, and in various stages of disassembly/cleanup. I'll be sure to post more pix when I get her finished and cleaned up.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Welcome aboard buddy. 8)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome cmh! Are you also in Eastern PA or thereabouts? Maybe when you get that CB running, you and chornbe and I can meet somewhere around Johnstown/Pgh (prolly about halfway between us) for a little ride.

Love the bike. I'm a sucker for early 80s Japanese bikes. My first bike was an '81 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD.

Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aeromark99 said:
Are you also in Eastern PA or thereabouts? Maybe when you get that CB running, you and chornbe and I can meet somewhere around Johnstown/Pgh (prolly about halfway between us) for a little ride.
Thanks Aeromark.
Yes, I'm "thereabouts". I live about 20 minutes south of chornbe in Maryland. I look forward to getting in some quality ride time this year. (As much as my wife will let me get away with, that is. :wink:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
A Nighthawk 450. Damn, I loved that bike. I had one of those as well as a 1984 Maxim 400 and it was always a struggle to decide which to take out at any given time. I traded both in for a new V65 Magna. Brings back memories :D , but you should enjoy it as much as I did, great bike for any level driver. Welcome to the forum, keep the pics coming, post lots and stay tuned, lots of great stuff goes on on this board.

Cheers

Dragoon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Seeing your Nighthawk brings back fond memories of times when metric bikes were not trying to imitate Harley's.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey neighbor, welcome. Glad you're here. Yeah, Chris does stike me as a pretty good chap to hang with. I like the ride. Enjoy.

saint

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I like your bike and look forward to seeing it once it's all finished.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Howdy and Welcome from KY! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome! This is sure a good place to learn about all aspects of motorcycling.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome.

My very first street bike was a Nighthawk 450 when I was nineteen years old.

You should chop that thing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Aeromark99 said:
Welcome cmh! Are you also in Eastern PA or thereabouts? Maybe when you get that CB running, you and chornbe and I can meet somewhere around Johnstown/Pgh (prolly about halfway between us) for a little ride.
Aeromark, I can tell you for sure that those two boneheads aren't going anywhere without me. They need a GPS system to find the bathroom in a two story building. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Welcome Cmh, Hey, those are good solid bikes and with some TLC, it will last you a long time with proper maintenance. You have to start somewhere and that's a better start then alot of us had. The thing I liked about those bikes is the simplicity and how easy they are to work on. Ride safe! >PD<

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Welcome Cmh, Hey, those are good solid bikes and with some TLC, it will last you a long time with proper maintenance. You have to start somewhere and that's a better start then alot of us had. The thing I liked about those bikes is the simplicity and how easy they are to work on. Ride safe! >PD<

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Aeromark99 said:
Love the bike. I'm a sucker for early 80s Japanese bikes. My first bike was an '81 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD.

Enjoy the forum.
HAH! That was my first street bike, too! *thumbs up*

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Paulie said:
Aeromark99 said:
Aeromark, I can tell you for sure that those two boneheads aren't going anywhere without me. They need a GPS system to find the bathroom in a two story building. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahahahahaahahahahah

*dips head*

true story

·
Registered
75 Posts
Chornbe I'm from NE Maryland too...Elkton. I'm trying to restore a 1983 VT500C Shadow. I may have to look you up for tips when I try putting her back together and try to make her run.

I ride a 1300 VTX but as you know it's too cold. Hopefully come spring I will be riding a restored Shadow.

I like the bike you're working on. Good luck!

Briandrex

1 - 20 of 28 Posts