Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to do a little work on the bike, And pics don't do this headlight justice, it looks so good on the bike, The shadow should have had this light to begin with. Now to decide if I'm going to change the light bar lights to match the head light.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next is the ISO grips with these cool bar ends :p Can't wait until spring is here, I wanna ride.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually it's a drop in replacement, Took two bolts out that mounted the old lite and this one went right in the same mount, took longer to plug the bulb in than to install it. I had marked on the wall where the old light shined in case I needed to adjust the light but I didn't even need to do that. so just two bolts and swap them out.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plug and play, Same plug as the old light, Just unplug it from the old and plug it right on to the VTX light.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not so ugly, Scored the light for $162.50 and $12 for shipping so for $172.50 I finally got the light I've been drooling over, Just had to get the right auction I guess. Last one I bid on went to over $220.00 and then there was shipping so I didn't do too bad, There is a scratch on the front part but not too noticeable and I see that part going for cheap if I really want to replace it. Heck there is a bucket there right now with buy it now for $40 and another light at $150 with 22 hours left, I think the high demand is dropping a little and prices getting cheaper on the auctions. The guy that sold the one for $220 actually put 2 more on auction when I was bidding on this one with a starting bid of $200 and they ended with no bids. Here is the other if anyone wants to try for it, only 22 hours left.
Honda VTX 1300 headlight housing lamp complete 04 - 08 - eBay (item 280629862757 end time Feb-20-11 14:03:36 PST)

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the headlight that should have been put on the Spirit all along. Looks great, Dauntae!
i completely agree, It matches the bike so well, I don't know what Honda was thinking on the Spirit 1100's, The 750 has a good looking light, the Saber Aero and Ace all have nice lights, then they put what looks like a moped light on the Spirit 1100

·
Registered
65 Posts
i was wondering. does anyone know if the vtx headlight is plug and play on the older shadows as well? for example my 92 vt1100c? if not point me in the right direction of the mods needed.

thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts