Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going every one. i just got my first bike its a 99 honda shadow i bought for 100 bucks needs new tires and a battery! the owner started it up with his other battery and it runs he was one of my ssgts and cut me a **** of a deal. looking forward to talking with everyone and hope to learn as much as possible

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service. Sounds like you got a great deal; now you'll have lots of money to dress 'er up! My advice would be to take a rider safety course ASAP. Helps to get mind thinking right. Lots of people with lots of experience here. Good luck with the new bike, and post some pics!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure how the other branches of the military do it but in the Navy you are required to go through the MSF Basic Riders Course. It's a good class and here in California it takes the place of the riding portion of your motorcycle endorsement test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill get osme pictures up. the marine corps requires us to take a basic riders course and a few other ones. it needs new tires, new battery, and a new chain. also a turn signal switch

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud. nice to have another young guy on the forums. there aren't to many of us on here. i'm 20 by the way. how old are you? great lookin' bike by the way! what a deal!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cool man! where ya from in kentucky?! i'm from russell county. near lake cumberland.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cool bud! i believe i'm about 2 hours south of where you used to live.

and also... thanks for your service! :D

and i again, great lookin' bike!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts