Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to wondering this morning while brushing my teeth (there's something about staring at yourself in the mirror that lends itself to soul-searching) if I can keep the other foot out of the grave long enough for one more motorcycle adventure tour. Which, of course, led to thinking about where I'd most like to go if I had the money/time/opportunity/permission from my wife. Two candidates came immediately to mind: a trip across the high mountain passes from Manali to Leh in India, and a trip on the Pan-American highway through South America.

But maybe I'm overlooking something that somebody else has done or knows about or has thought about. So what's your dream trip-- foreign, domestic, near, far or anything in between? Warning: if you've got a really good idea I'll probably steal it and use it for my own fantasies. :lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think i've come to realize that a lot of my bike touring dreams are just that.. Dreams. Time, money and other things always seem to get in the way. But really, my bike touring dreams are really not much different than my cage touring dreams. There are many places that I want to see before I leave.

But I guess, if I have to pinpoint a tour, I'd like to tour the UK and a few European countries. Specifically visiting Stone Henge, several British Isle castles and Chateau de Chambord in the Loire Valley of France. And of course a lot of other sites in and around Europe as it may fit in.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Two weeks off, no place to be, just following roads that feel right.

Happy Trails!
sanoke

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Calgary to Vancouver through Banff. Just to begin.

Next would be the southern ring of Australia starting in Sydney and going though to Melbourne Or from Sydney up the gold coast. Oh, so many miles, such little time off.
:x

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'd start by seeing everything at home first.

South to the Keys, then west across the south, up the Pacific coast, east across the middle up the App mt's to the northeast. Then back west across the northern US to finish up the west coast.

I'd travel it all on 2 lane roads, no interstates, stop at every State, National park and monument and anything else that looks interesting to me.

After the complete US tour, (if I'm still alive), repeat in Canada, Australia, New Zeland and most of western Europe.

For some weird reason, never really been interested in most of the 3rd world. Other than a desire to sumit the 7 highest mountians in the world, (one on each contentint). Don't really know why.

8)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quiet roads somewhere in Australia or the US. Norway gets to boring sometimes. The roads here are bad. And now they are closing most of the tunnels cus' there falling apart.. And thats not good in this mountain land.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
Anyplace in Cumbria (The Hardknott and Wrynose Passes in particular) or Scotland. Glen Coe is nothing short of magnificent and the Applecross Peninsula on the West Coast is fantastic.

Or Yorkshire. Up the East Coast and over the moors - fabulous.

Collector

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm seriously looking at an extended tour of the Toledo, Ohio to Gary, Indiana corridor. :)

If I could guarantee relatively decent weather, then a cross-Canada run.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a plan, partially complete, to ride the length of U.S. Route 50. It stretches from Ocean City MD to Sacramento CA. I've done most of it from Cincinnati OH eastwards, and will tidy up the remainder of the eastern portion later this year. Next year I'm going from Cinti to St Louis. One of these years I'll finish it.

Radar

P.S. Other than that I'd ride from Point Barrow AK to Key West FL.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i`ve done a bunch of the U.S. and intend to do more but in february 2006 i did a dual sport ride in costa rica w/ moto tours costa rica on a ktm 640 :D

this was definitely an experienece and i intend on going back.perhaps next year.i still like hitting the super slabs in the states on the street bike though :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.