Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. I cannot believe this. This is one for the books.

Chris

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) — A motorcyclist who plowed into a minivan landed unscathed in the back seat, and the driver didn't realize it until he turned into his nearby driveway, authorities said.

"We're calling this one a non-injury collision with a twist," Karen Hunt, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County sheriff's Victorville station, told the Victorville Daily Press.

The van was slowing to make a left turn when the motorcycle rear-ended it Thursday.

Callers reporting the accident told authorities: "We don't know where the rider is," and there was concern he might have slid under the van, Hunt said.

"That's when it started to sound ominous," she said.

In reality, the rider had flown through the van's back window and landed in the backseat. The van driver continued to his home less than a half-block away, where he called out to his wife that he'd been rear-ended and needed to return to the accident scene.

As he turned around to back out of the driveway, he saw the dazed biker.

The rider's helmet absorbed most of the impact, and he only asked for an ice pack for his hand, Hunt said. He did not receive further medical treatment.

Neither man was cited for the accident. Their names were not immediately released.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
The van driver continued to his home less than a half-block away, where he called out to his wife that he'd been rear-ended and needed to return to the accident scene.

Yea, everybody that gets in an accident should go home and tell the wife, before they check damages and to see if anyone is injured.....there is more to this story than we're getting.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That crash must have really knocked the moose crap out of the rider. If I was conscious I would have been over the seat and yelling at the guy.

I am sure after using your melon to bust through a rear windshield that one would probably be on mars or Pluto for a while. :)

Just amazing. I have never heard of anything like this before.

Chris

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey old man what are you doing over here in the General section? Get back over in Off Topic where you belong. :p

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
That's nuts! The van driver should still be charged with leaving the scene of an accident......

·
Registered
946 Posts
That crash must have really knocked the moose crap out of the rider. If I was conscious I would have been over the seat and yelling at the guy.

I am sure after using your melon to bust through a rear windshield that one would probably be on mars or Pluto for a while. :)

Just amazing. I have never heard of anything like this before.

Chris
Chris, I normally agree with most of your positions on things, but why would you yell at the driver of the van? The bike was the one who did the running into. He must have been following to closely or just not paying attention. I do agree that driving home to tell his wife before stopping was stupid at best, but the accident itself, from the info provided, was not his fault.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Hey old man what are you doing over here in the General section? Get back over in Off Topic where you belong. :p
...now that he is Mister Super Wiener Moderator he thinks he can just go anywhere....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris, I normally agree with most of your positions on things, but why would you yell at the driver of the van? The bike was the one who did the running into. He must have been following to closely or just not paying attention. I do agree that driving home to tell his wife before stopping was stupid at best, but the accident itself, from the info provided, was not his fault.
I would yell at him to stop and take me back to my bike. That is what I meant. :)

Heck I sure wouldn't yell at him for the crash. That was the bikers fault. Even if the van driver was drunk and left the scene, the biker is still at fault for the accident. :)

I would yell at him to stop and turn around afraid of where he maybe taking me. :)

Chris

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old Man ??? Thats pretty ironic coming from a guy who is old enough to be my Dad.

I am here because you and Douglass are here. :)

Chris

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Once a chunk of concrete fell from a bridge I was crossing under (while driving my car) and hit my windshield, it wasn't big enough to go through the windshield but it did a lot of glass damage. The sound was like a bullet going off in my car - my ears rang all the rest of the way home - how the driver of the van in this article didn't hear the impact to the rear window and felt the pressure and wind from the implosion is beyond me.

Maybe just an obliviot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts