Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still debating the Magna/Marauder/Sportsters for the second bike,this bike turns me on,it's in Seattle and I'm an hour away from Pittsburgh,don't know what the reseve is & it's went around a couple times on eBay so in a couple weeks when I'm ready to buy it will probably be there,the color pipes & everything else seems to be turning me on,there is another Magna on that seems to be a little better value :oops:
the 1 I like alot(there is a small video link check it out) :D
Video link:

http://www.cyclebarn.com/images/used/honda_vf750c_magna.avi

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200068415582&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

better value but basically stock with goodies & alot closer to me....
:roll: last night it had a $3100 BIN on it :x
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280072083951&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Looks like the question is, do you want to ride one back from Seattle or Cleveland. Both seem like fine bikes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That first one is identical to my brothers. Same color even.. He also has the V&H pipes and loves them. That is a $600 upgrade right there! Very peppy bike, handles very well and is very comfortable. If I wasn't needing better gas milage I would have hunted one down as well. From what I have seen, they don't stick around long. He paid 4K for his mint 98 Magna with 8K miles on it almost 2 years ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if that were the question the answer would be SEATTLE,the longer the road trip the better but if that were the case they would have to hold it till spring because of the snow and crap right now,it will probably be me driving the Explorer and trailer to get it or ship it :cry: my women wants me to have a HD so we can say we have 1 :roll: she is giving me crap about it to even though she will be riding the VLX she just wants us to have 1,I'm kinda getting set on the black & silver Magna or try for a cheap M50 but doubt I have enuff loot for one since they haven't been out long enuff to hit my price range :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No offense to anyone, but buying a HD just to have one is NOT the reason to buy a bike. HD's are a breed of their own. If you've only owned Metrics, you'll HATE a Sportster for sure. They vibrate, they're fairly small, have to be wrenched on more, and don't ride 1/2 as well as a metric of the same size. I paint bikes for a living and have ridden LOTS of different bikes. My dad recently bought a 1200, and I rode it 15 miles and wanted my 1100 Spirit back, (and I think he did too but never admitted to it!!). Buy what you want to RIDE, not something for status. Donny

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the magna better . The maurader seems abit slower and lover . The sabre is even better

·
Registered
113 Posts
Magna/Marauder/Sportster...I'd go with the Magna. The 4 cyl engine on that bike was great. Lots of power and a really nice ride. They can really get up and go. I (personally) have never been crazy about the Sportsters. I always liked the Marauders but the ride doesn't compare to the Magna.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I end up buying a Harley it's not for status,I like all the metal & parts availability for upgrading and compared to my VLX a Sporty seems like a more solid bike,brakes really feel better to me on the sporty,I liked my buds 1200 but he has it set up drag style which is not for me & someone snatched up the silver&black Magna I liked :cry: I don't like the ride of my buds 06'Areo,not a "big body"cruiser person I guess,I will have a 2nd bike real soon though,I have decided it will definately be a Sporty/Magna maybe a Spirit1100 which ever falls in my budget,I still have my Shadow I'm paying on for the next umpteen years(5),I would just pay it off but I want it to build my credit up though & when it's paid off my son graduates and it's his :D It doesn't matter to me what you ride & I'll be buying more bikes after this 1 I'm sure 8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bet you can't guess which one I suggest? I have ridden all 3 the Hd shook too much and did not handle well ( my opinion) . The Maud was a lot better, but the Magna blew me away. It took a while comming off a nomad to learn to wind the Magna out.I have not ridden a smoother bike period. It does handle well to my speeds anyway. The mileage is only about 35-45 depending on your throttle hand. I paid$4,000 it came as pictured in the owners gallery except for the travel bag. It is a 2000. Feel free to ask any questions. JM750 :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have to agree the Magna is a nice little bike to ride. It's seat is a little wider also, but hang on if you twist the throttle a little too hard! The sportster just feels tiny to me. The seat is real narrow and hurt after a few miles. Can't comment on the Marauder. Haven't been on one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts