Honda Shadow Forums banner

Youtube made me feel stupid

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Coolride 
#1 ·
So, I've been struggling for the past month to learn how to put my bike on its center stand. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to rock back into the stand.

Today I happened to out of the blue type in "How to place your bike on a center stand" into google. Tons of videos pop up with step by step instructions on how to do it without any struggle at all. I go out the bike and with ease, it jumps on the stand.

Le sigh. Need to learn to work smarter not harder.

anybody else struggle like I did?

#2 ·
I was lucky that a friend showed me the trick when I first got my Magna in 1986. Since then I've shown that trick to several friends and they were amazed at how easy it is. Too bad center stands seem to be going extinct. They sure made it easy to change out the rear wheel. And the front if you got a little creative.

#4 ·
Years ago I had a 350 Suzuki I fought to get it on the center stand. 4 years ago I bought a 1800 Goldwing. A guy showed me how to do it on that and it is a piece of cake.

#11 ·
So, w/o looking to youtube....is it hold down c-stand with foot, pick-up/pull back on passenger peg? Cause that's how I figured it was easiest.

#14 ·
I kinda miss the center stand sometimes, especially during oil changes.

My first bike ever was when i was 18, it was a 82 maxim 550. That bike was a screamer, but heavy at the time for an 18 year old. I remember i had a **** of a time getting that thing on the stand, was doing it the stupidest way possible. Until one day i stumbled on the "proper" way to do it and everything was copacetic after that. My mid 90's virago had a center stand as well so when i went to change the oil 2 weeks ago on my 97 shadow i started kicking my foot down for the center stand and am like "where the heck is the stand at?". Lo and behold didn't even notice i didn't have a center stand.

Not a big deal i guess, just removes some bulky steel from the bottom of the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.